Case study – People Inc. for an award-winning NHS healthcare provider.
Our customer provides support in delivering quality diagnostic services utilising the latest innovative cardiology and general ultrasound to help support the NHS who see approximately 10,000 patients each month at many clinics across England.
They were looking for a central HR software system that managed all aspects of HR including Employee Self Service for their team of 60 employees and to reduce admin by providing a facility whereby applications made on their company website were automatically entered into the Recruitment module within the HR system.
Additionally, they had some very specific requirements such as:
- Recording a ‘database’ of the clinics where they operate from
- To log which clinic their consultants were based (currently and historically).
- Record DBS Details for their employees
- Track Right to Work information
- Manage ongoing training needs to ensure their consultants are fully trained with continuing education to meet clinical governance standards.
Implementing People Inc. HR, Employee Self Service and Web Recruitment modules provided the customer with a central system that helped them manage all their HR requirements securely in one place including Core HR, Training and Development and Recruitment.
Employees were also able to book holidays, update their contact details and view key information about themselves such as training records and CPD points (link to article) via the Self-Service module.
Most of the client’s requirements were standard functionality with People Inc. however we were also able to quickly develop all their specific requirements using the additional tools that come with People Inc.
For example, using the built-in screen designer module, we were able to create a new screen to allow them to record all the clinics where they provided the diagnostic services across the UK.
This was a simple screen to record name and address information about each clinic along with a status so that any clinics no longer in use could be hidden from view but still be retained to maintain a full history.
The information on this screen would then be used in reports or mail merged in a letter such as a contract of employment.
Another screen was added under the main employee screen to record where each consultant was based. This also recorded a full history of all the clinics they had worked and when for tracking purposes.
Additionally, we were able to develop specific reports to enable them to report on the information within these new screens using the Report Writer tool that comes as standard with People Inc.
We also created additional screens to record a history of the employees Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) history as well as an area to record Right to Work information for their overseas employees.
These were very simple additions and only touched the surface of the power of the Screen Designer and Report Writer tools that allow for far more complex customisation to be made to the system.
The functionality provided by People Inc. provided a host of benefits. The following are just some of the key benefits:
- To meet specific requirements that could not be achieved with other systems they looked at.
- Removed need for keeping various spreadsheets
- Manage training needs and course expiries to ensure employees are up to date to meet Clinical Governance Standards
- Reduced time spent on admin especially with recording of applicants and booking of holidays
- Track company equipment assigned to employees (especially Clinic based workers)
- Access for Clinic based workers to keep them involved with the rest of the company.
- Provide visibility to each team via the self-service module
- Reduce costs in Recruitment agency fees
- Increases productivity and reduces absence due to transparency of Self-Service Module
- Everything securely in one place to help with GDPR
- Low cost of ownership with simple annual maintenance fee.
This is just one example of how People Inc. can meet the specific requirements of an organisation and how this can provide a wide range of time and cost saving benefits.
If you would like more information about how agathonhr can help you contact us on 01242 663974 or firstname.lastname@example.org